What does a complete submission include?
Based on the SME proposal template applicants can describe (limited to 10 pages) their innovative BDLT deployment. This description of work will be the main document (besides the administrative information and a short company/team description) to be reviewed by the evaluators.
A complete submission includes the following documents:
- Part 1: Administrative Data Sheet (incl. signed consent forms of all partners and Ethics and security self-assessment)
- Part 2: Technical Description – Proposal Template, including the budget (max. 10 pages)
- Part 3: Company/Project Description and CVs
In which format can I submit my documents?
Proposals must be submitted in English. Please respect the following formatting constraints: Times New Roman, Arial or similar, at least font size 11, page size A4, margins (2.0 cm side and 1.5 cm top and bottom), at least single line spacing.
Are there any submission limitations?
Please follow the structure of the template when preparing your proposal. It has been designed to ensure that the important aspects of your innovation and planned work are presented in a way that will enable the evaluators to make an effective assessment against the award criteria.
If you upload a proposal longer than 10 pages (including cover page and executive summary), excess pages will be made invisible and will not be taken into consideration. Please, do not consider the page limit as a target! It is in your interest to keep your text as concise as possible, since evaluators rarely view unnecessarily long proposals in a positive light.
Which activities can be covered by the Blockpool Open Call funding?
The subgrant of maximum 30,000 Euros is meant to cover the following activities: • Software development, Blockchain and DLT coding expertise as a grant for living cost (max. 60% of the total funding) of team members (or intra-muros consultants), i.e. if an applying SME involves technology support or DLT expertise.
- Travel costs to minimum 2 Blockpool.eu Bootcamps and the final conference (max 10% of the total funding.
- Commercialisation (min 20% of the total funding)
- Grant administration (max 10% of the total funding)
Please note, that the part of the grant related to living costs (max. 3,000 EUR per team member per month), specifically for Blockchain and DLT coding expertise, is granted for a maximum of 10 months, and as long as the staff member is part of the project team.
How to submit the proposal?
Proposals have to be submitted before 26th February 2020, 5:00 PM CET. All proposals submitted after this deadline will not be taken into account.
SMEs proposal submission will be exclusively in electronic form:
- Proposals should be submitted via website: www.blockpool.eu/submission
- Proposals will also be accepted by email to: email@example.com
Please note, only one proposal will be accepted for funding per SME, i.e. only one proposal per SME will be evaluated. In the case of a multiple submission by a SME, only the last received (timestamp of the system) will enter our evaluation process, the rest being declared as non-eligible. If the last submitted proposal is declared then non-eligible or fails to reach the thresholds of the evaluation, the other proposals submitted earlier will not be considered for evaluation in any case.
Who can apply?
Any European SME.
What is an SME? Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are defined in the EU recommendation 2003/361.
Which countries are eligible?
All entities involved in the SME-driven project must be
- headquartered in the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom)
- or in one of the Associated Country of the H2020 programme (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia and Armenia).